Natural Looking Beauty with confidence – look your best feel your best
Botox is a type of anti-wrinkle injectable that is highly effective in reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines on the face. It is part of a larger category of injectables used for this purpose, including Dysport and Xeomin. While there are many options available, Botox remains one of the most popular and widely-used solutions due to its proven track record and effectiveness. Whether you are looking to reduce the appearance of frown lines, crow’s feet, or forehead wrinkles, Botox can provide a reliable and long-lasting solution to help you achieve a more youthful and refreshed appearance.
BOTOX ® Cosmetic is the first FDA-approved treatment designed to temporarily improve the appearance of moderate to severe signs of aging in adults such as frown lines, forehead lines and crow’s feet. With BOTOX® Cosmetic you will still look like yourself but your facial lines will be less noticeable.
Botulinum Toxin Type A, also known as Botox, is a purified protein used to temporarily relax facial muscles for up to six months. Botox is the original and most popular name when it comes to quick and affordable fine lines and wrinkle treatments. The product has been widely tested and its safety has been proven over decades of usage.
How Do Botox Facial Injections Work:
- Facial lines can be caused by a multitude of factors, not solely limited to cellular changes, collagen reduction, or damage inflicted by free radicals from the environment or exposure to the sun.
- The repeated muscle contractions that occur when we raise our eyebrows, frown, or squ can lead to the folding and furrowing of the skin, ultimately resulting in the formation of facial lines.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic is designed to work beneath the surface of the skin by temporarily relaxing the facial muscles that contribute to the appearance of moderate-to-severe frown lines, forehead lines, and crow’s feet. This relaxation results in visibly smoother skin and a more youthful appearance.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic treatments are both convenient and efficient, typically lasting only 15-30 minutes with minimal downtime. Patients typically experience noticeable results within 48-72 hours that can last up to 4-6 months.
The vertical wrinkles on the forehead and between the eyebrows are called glabellar lines or “frown lines”. They are not necessarily a sign of aging. Due to the fact that frown lines are caused by facial expressions, they can start appearing at an early age. The lines start to appear more severe as the collagen in the skin breaks down.
In addition to facial expressions, there are various factors that can lead to the appearance of frown lines:
- Exposure to the sun – UV light exposure can cause damage to collagen
- Aging – With age the collagen fibers loosen and the skin’s elasticity decreases
- Smoking – Smoking reduces the amount of collagen produced in the body
- Recurrent facial expression
Dysport Aesthetic is an injection used to improve the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines. The effects of it are temporary. The facial muscles in the untreated areas will work normally, thus allowing you to make natural facial expressions such as smiling.
How does dysport aesthetic work?
Dysport Aesthetic temporarily reduces the contraction of facial muscles that cause wrinkles. Your doctor or nurse will determine what is the optimal number of injection sites and dosage. The results that Dysport Aesthetic delivers look natural and are noticeable within 24-48 hours. They last up to 4 months.
What Dysport and Botox have in common is the neuromuscular blocking toxin. Both injections are sometimes used as a means to treat medical conditions such as neurological disorders. However, their usage is more common in medical aesthetics to treat facial wrinkles. They both derive from botulinum toxin, which can be safely used in small amounts.
Dysport and Botox facial injections are both considered non-invasive wrinkle treatments with fast recovery rates.
Dysport and Botox share many similarities, but one injection might be a better fit for you over the other.
Book a free consultation and find out what treatment options are best for you. One of our experts at MDA’s botox clinic in Mississauga will help you make the correct decision.