NATURAL LOOKING BEAUTY WITH CONFIDENCE – LOOK YOUR BEST FEEL YOUR BEST
Botox falls within the category of “anti-wrinkle injectables” and is considered one of the most effective methods for reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. There is an extensive variety of anti-wrinkle injectables with the most popular among them being Botox®, Dysport® and Xeomin®.
BOTOX ® Cosmetic is the first FDA-approved treatment designed to temporarily improve the appearance of moderate to severe signs of aging in adults such as frown lines, forehead lines and crow’s feet. With BOTOX® Cosmetic you will still look like yourself but your facial lines will be less noticeable.
Botulinum Toxin Type A, also known as Botox, is a purified protein used to temporarily relax facial muscles for up to six months. Botox is the original and most popular name when it comes to quick and affordable fine lines and wrinkle treatments. The product has been widely tested and its safety has been proven over decades of usage.
How Does BOTOX® work:
- Various factors can cause the appearance of facial lines. It is not only about the occurring cellular changes, or collagen reduction, or damage caused by free radicals from the environment or the sun.
- Recurrent muscle contractions from raising eyebrows, frowning, or squinting cause skin to fold and furrow, which ultimately results in the formation of facial lines.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic works beneath the skin’s surface and temporarily relaxes the facial muscles that cause the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines, forehead lines, and crow’s feet, and helps them appear visibly smoother.
- The treatments lasts for 15-30 minutes and has minimal downtime. The results will be noticeable within 48-72 hours and will last up to 4-6 months.
The vertical wrinkles on the forehead and between the eyebrows are called glabellar lines or “frown lines”. They are not necessarily a sign of aging. Due to the fact that frown lines are caused by facial expressions, they can start appearing at an early age. The lines start to appear more severe as the collagen in the skin breaks down.
In addition to facial expressions, there are various factors that can lead to the appearance of frown lines:
- Exposure to the sun – UV light exposure can cause damage to collagen
- Aging – With age the collagen fibers loosen and the skin’s elasticity decreases
- Smoking – Smoking reduces the amount of collagen produced in the body
- Recurrent facial expression
Dysport Aesthetic is an injection used to improve the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines. The effects of it are temporary. The facial muscles in the untreated areas will work normally, thus allowing you to make natural facial expressions such as smiling.
HOW DOES DYSPORT AESTHETIC WORK?
Dysport Aesthetic temporarily reduces the contraction of facial muscles that cause wrinkles. Your doctor or nurse will determine what is the optimal number of injection sites and dosage. The results that Dysport Aesthetic delivers look natural and are noticeable within 24-48 hours. They last up to 4 months.
What Dysport and Botox have in common is the neuromuscular blocking toxin. Both injections are sometimes used as a means to treat medical conditions such as neurological disorders. However, their usage is more common in medical aesthetics to treat facial wrinkles. They both derive from botulinum toxin, which can be safely used in small amounts.
Botox and Dysport are both considered non-invasive wrinkle treatments with fast recovery rates.
Dysport and Botox share many similarities, but one injection might be a better fit for you over the other.
Find out what treatment options are right for you by booking a free consultation with one of our expert injectors.