NATURAL LOOKING BEAUTY WITH CONFIDENCE – LOOK YOUR BEST FEEL YOUR BEST
Botox falls under the broader category of “anti-wrinkle injectables” and is one of the most effective methods for reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. There are many different types of anti wrinkle injectables with most popular being Botox®, Dysport® and Xeomin®.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is the first treatment FDA-approved to temporarily make moderate to severe frown lines, crows feet and forehead lines look better in adults, so you look like you, only with less noticeable facial lines.
Botox, or Botulim Toxin Type A, is a purified protein that relaxes the facial muscles (that cause lines and wrinkles) for up to six months. It is the original and most well-known name for fast and affordable wrinkle treatments. Its safety has been extensively tested and verified over decades of use.
How Does BOTOX® work:
● A combination of factors can cause facial lines. It’s not just about the cellular changes that may occur, or reduction of collagen, or damage caused by free radicals from the sun and the environment.
● Repeated muscle contractions from frowning, squinting, or raising eyebrows cause skin to furrow and fold, gradually resulting in the formation of facial lines.
● BOTOX® Cosmetic works beneath the surface and temporarily reduces the underlying muscle activity that causes moderate to severe frown lines, crow’s feet and forehead lines in adults – to help them look visibly smoother.
● It’s a quick 15-30 minute treatment with minimal downtime. You may begin to notice results within 48-72 hours, with results lasting up to 4-6 months for moderate to severe frown lines.
Glabellar lines, or “frown lines”, are vertical wrinkles on the forehead that appear between the eyebrows. This is not totally related to the aging process. Because frown lines are created by facial expression and movement, they can actually start to appear at a younger age. The appearance of the lines can become worse as the collagen in that area of the forehead breaks down.
There are several factors in addition to facial expression, that can cause or worsen the appearance of frown lines:
● Sun exposure – UV light in the sun can damage collagen
● Aging – can create a loosening of collagen fibres and decreased skin elasticity
● Smoking – can reduce the amount of new collagen produced
● Repeated facial expression
Dysport Aesthetics is an injection used temporarily to improve the appearance of your moderate to severe frown lines. The untreated facial muscles still work normally, allowing you to freely show natural facial expressions, such as smiling, in untreated areas.
HOW DOES DYSPORT AESTHETIC WORK?
Dysport Aesthetic temporarily reduces the movement of certain upper facial muscles that cause wrinkles. The optimum dosage and number of injections sites in the treated muscle will be chosen by your doctor or nurse. Dysport Aesthetics delivers noticeable, natural looking results as soon as 24-48 hours – that may last up to 4 months.
Both Dysport and Botox are types of neurotoxins that block muscle contractions. While both injections are sometimes used to treat spasms from neurological disorders and other medical conditions, they’re more widely used as facial wrinkle treatments. They’re both derived from botulinum toxins, which are safe in small amounts.
Both Dysport and Botox are considered nonsurgical forms of wrinkle treatment that have quick recovery rates. Dysport and Botox share many similarities, but one injection might be a better fit for you over the other.
Find out what treatment options are right for you by booking a free consultation with one of our expert injectors.