Chemical peel addresses these problems of men and women by removing the outer layer of skin and revealing the younger-looking skin below. First popularized in the 1990’s, chemical peels are now a basic staple in skin rejuvenation.
Not only do chemical peels reveal a brighter, smoother and more refined complexion, they also improve the overall look and feel of the skin in just one treatment.
Benefits of a chemical peels:
● Reduces fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth
● Treats wrinkles caused by sun damage and aging
● Improves the appearance of mild scars
● Treats certain types of acne
● Reduces age spots, freckles, and dark patches (melasma) due to pregnancy
or taking birth control pills
● Improves the look and feel of skin, giving it an amazing glow
● Areas of sun damage may improve after chemical peeling.
There are several types of chemical peels; Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) are naturally occurring acids such as glycolic acid, a natural constituent of sugar cane juice and lactic acid, found in sour milk and tomato juice. This is the mildest of the peel formulas and produces light peels for treatment of fine wrinkles, areas of dryness, uneven pigmentation and acne. Alpha hydroxy acids can also be mixed with facial washes, serums or creams in lesser concentrations as part of a daily skin-care regimen to improve the skin’s texture.
At MDA Medical Aesthetics, the Lactic Acid of our professional choice is by Environ. This chemical peel preserves the skin integrity, while at the same me the Hydronium ions safely and effectively reach the dermal skin layer, where fibroblast growth factors are released, resulting in improved collagen production.